The final leg of our route from MIchigan to Maine


View Marc & Bev Summer Route in a larger map
My husband, Marc, and I are embarking on a 65+ day bike powered journey across the Northern Tier of our great country. This is our first bike touring trip and we are going it alone - just the two of us, a tent and a credit card (well a few other essentials as well.)

I've created this blog to chronicle the ins and outs of our transcontinental bike tour along with highlights of the nation's best and worst slices of pie. Inspired by my love of the Food Network's travel shows...I've added the challenge of seeking out new and exciting flavors of pie. My goal - a different kind of pie every day and yes moon pie, pizza pie and anything else with a crust counts!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 40: Rest Day in Kalamazoo, MI

Just posted a few new photos from the past few days.

No riding today...just a fun filled day with family.

Oh and we got to go see our Hunter. He was so excited to see us. He kept running in circles all around the yard, stopping every lap to lick our faces and get a big gulp of water from the watering can. Our doggies are so lucky to have two wonderful "grandparents" to care for them while we on on our trip. We definitely could not have done this trip without the help of both of our parents- transporting our dogs out to Michigan was a collaborative effort of my parents and Marc's and then caring for them all summer! We are so fortunate!

And I almost forgot, Marc and I both bit the bullet and got tattoos. Our tattoo artist was Mattie, our 9 year old niece. In fact, everyone in the family got a tattoo or two today - yes, even Marc's grandma! Mattie got a airbrush tattoo machine (consisting of markers, a battery powered blower gun and stencils)and was eager to try it out on everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Well, we definitely need to see pictures of the tattoos! Glad to hear you guys have made it to MI, enjoy a few more rest days. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful or you'll have to rebreak in your butts! Only a few more weeks to keep this cigar lit for you Marc. It really sounds like a great part of your trip! We still get a kick out or your adventures so keep them coming. That vibrator chair looked a little kinky, espsecially with Marc in it. I keep forgetting my password, so I hope this grand message gets through. Don

    ReplyDelete